Illinois, KS, USA
$70,000 to $90,000
2 months ago
We are currently working with a very large pharmaceutical client based in Illinois, listed as one of the top 50 employers in the world by Forbes magazine. They have a 10-year project, where they are investing $3bn, and increasing size of the site by 1.5m sq ft.
They are looking for several support controls engineers to join them and help build the future!
This position provides hands-on first response automation technical support for manufacturing and utilities. This position supports the factory on a 12 hour 2-2, 3-2, 2-3 basis.
- Established technically competent Controls Engineer/Specialist who independently solves problems, develops and implements solutions
- Understands business contexts of assignments and makes decisions which impact profitability
- Demonstrated skills in automation solutions including Batch, PLC systems, HMI packages, SCADA systems, Visual Basic and PC networking technology. Additional MES knowledge is not required, but beneficial.
- Familiarity with electrical power and distribution systems, NEC codes, electrical installations and electrical panel building. Responsibilities 1. Support manufacturing and utilities within the shift engineering support team.
- Preferred automation systems (shown in order of preference) include Allen-Bradley (Factory Talk platforms, ControlLogix, PLC-5, SLC, Panelview, View SE), Modicon Unity, Modicon Proworx 32, GE iFix and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Siemens (PCS7, WinCC).
- Maintains close contact with QA and Manufacturing groups to assure effective communication on process/facility problems and issues related to processing controls.
What is particularly rare and exciting about this role is that they are actively encouraging engineers of all levels to apply. They see value in investing time to train those who have an undergraduate degree but lack extensive career experience. If you are looking for industry experience this is a great career stepping stone; a chance to work for a company who values your knowledge and can enable you to use it to the best of your ability!
You can apply for this role by sending us your CV or by calling us now!
Contact: 0203 675 2956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recruit for a variety of opportunities in Life Sciences so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you.
You can learn more about me by looking me up on LinkedIn. Search for Ellen Hickey https://www.linkedin.com/in/ellen-hickey-609a33b7/.