San Francisco, CA
12 days ago
The BSA Officer is responsible for the implementation and administration of all aspects of the BSA Program. This position performs various quality control; reviews and monitoring in BSA, USA Patriot Act, AML, OFAC, CIP and KYC using industry standard and regulatory guidance to ensure the Bank’s compliance efforts are maintained daily.
As a SVP BSA Officer, you will:
- Advise the Board, Senior Management and Bank Personnel of emerging compliance issues and consults and guides the Bank in the establishment of controls to mitigate risks
- Performs daily review, monitoring and analysis of various reports, logs and transaction data to identity trends, unusual activity and monitor large currency activity and determine if transactions are suspicious in nature
- Provides maintenance, follow-up, and timely response to the Bank’s OFAC system & identifies and mitigates potential risk issues
- Oversee actions comprehensive self-testing, independent third party and regulatory audits; makes necessary preparations for such audits or exams’ and ensure deficiencies identified from such audits and examinations are corrected.
- Reviews Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs), Completes and files Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) Performs quarterly and semi-annual EDD reviews
- Performs personnel actions including performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, and interviewing candidates for employment; supervisors the daily activities of the department including, but not limited to effective delegation of assignments, developing work schedules and proving necessary training.
As a SVP BSA Officer, you will need:
- Bachelors’ degree in finance, accounting, business, or a related field
- 5 years of BSA Officer or related experience in commercial bank
- CAMS is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, Bank operational policies and procedures, and the Bank’s products and services
- Experience with FiServ or other major core and reporting applications is desired
If you are a skilled SVP BSA Officer, you can apply by:
Selecting the “Apply” button below or by contacting me directly.
As a Compliance & Financial Crime market specialist, I am partnered with a myriad of large and small Financial Services and Banking Institutions across the Southwest and West Coast. If this role is of interest to you, or if you are interested in exploring other opportunities within the market, you are welcome to reach out directly to:
Lauren Bontempo, L.Bontempo@hamlynwilliams.com (619) 324-9558