Los Angeles, CA
2 months ago
Our client is a large bank in Los Angeles who is looking for an Enterprise Fraud Risk Manager to build out the Enterprise Fraud Risk program. The Enterprise Fraud Risk Manager is responsible for the oversight and advisory activities at an enterprise level for fraud risk management. This involves the development and implementation of the 2nd Line of Defense (LOD) governance model, policy and reporting metrics to monitor both internal and external fraud risk. As part of enterprise Operational Risk Management, this position is responsible for providing oversight for a clear engagement model between the 1st LOD Risk and Fraud teams, the 2nd LOD Operational Risk Management team, and the Fraud Risk Center to ensure adequate and appropriate capabilities in managing fraud risk.
- Review and support the development of the fraud assessment universe to ensure comprehensive coverage of internal and external fraud and determine risk based approach to determine assessment frequency.
- Actively challenge assigned units/affiliates to ensure that the fraud risk profile is balanced, comprehensive and a transparent reflection, compared to risk appetite.
- Contribute to the review and in some cases sign-off of fraud risk assessments executed by the business including fraud risk assessment, deep dive assessments, scenario analysis and new product or change initiative assessments.
- Provide oversight, analysis, and monitoring of the Bank's internal and external fraud risks.
- Support the reporting of fraud risk profiles, analysis and exposures to the Executives and Senior Management on a regular basis. Reporting should include existing and emerging areas of risk, implications for operational risk appetite, and the ability of the risk management and control infrastructure to support business activities.
- Identify requirements for deep dive, initiate or lead deep dive assessments in the bank, as required.
- Participate in committees or associated governance/review activities on key business initiatives ensuring that existing and emerging fraud risks for new products, processes and transformational initiatives are identified.
- Work directly with the leadership team to embed an understanding of the fraud risk profile and risk appetite into strategic decision making; challenge decision making that contradicts profile and risk appetite.
- Manage the engagement model and associated interaction between stakeholders including Enterprise Operational Risk Management, the 1st Line Risk Management teams, the Fraud Risk Center of Expertise, relevant Risk Management teams and Operational Risk Centers of Governance, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years in a combination of fraud risk, risk management, cyber or financial crime investigations
- 7+ years banking/financial services and/or technology industry experience
- Expert knowledge of Fraud Risk Management frameworks, policies and practices
- Law enforcement or investigative background preferred
If this role of interest to you and you meet the required skill set, please apply directly with an updated resume.