$180,000 - $220,000
6 months ago
SVP/ Global Head of Infrastructure Delivery & Data services
My client is a tier 1 bank, internationally recognized as a technology-leading company. With one of the best technical environments, they are offering lots of opportunities to further develop your technical skills. This team works to optimize the IT environment, reduce complexity, and implement higher degrees of automation to enable agile delivery of applications. This is done to give the company’s subsidiaries and associates a competitive edge. They are looking to greatly expand their cloud organization as they build a new hybrid cloud platform with innovative next-generation technology; to be the leader in the future of banking.
My Client’s Infrastructure delivery team is looking for their new Global Head of Infrastructure and Data Services team, who will directly report to the Global Head of the infrastructure and Build services team. You will be accountable for managing the Infrastructure Delivery across the data services estate covering all technology domains including mainframe, cloud, cyber, desktop, network, and voice. This will include Service Improvement Plans, Core Infrastructure Builds, deployment of Cyber tools, upgrading cloud infrastructures, Impact Resolution for significant incidents, and running major, global Programs. To ensure coverage, you will work closely with the global team. The senior manager will provide end-to-end delivery and execution for Data services tech strategies.
Previous experience and expertise:
- Delivers core infrastructure & Data Services enterprise initiatives, drives new technology adoption.
- Lead legacy initiatives to reduce technical debt, lead broad cross-functional teams to increase the rate of technology adoption.
- Delivery of all Technology Demands for Data Services management of projects supporting external cloud across multiple columns.
- Manage initiatives, engage with Security Operations, DC teams, Engineering teams, Systems, and Database Admins teams to deliver on business requirements.
- Work with security teams to coordinate security /risk policies.
- Coordinate with operations and engineering teams on issues as they arise.
The ideal candidate will be ultimately responsible for managing the initiative, engaging, and working with key business partners to drive forward successful outcomes within a given timeline. Management of applicable finances and budgets (labor, capital expenditures, planning/adherence to both local & Global fiscal schedules) is also considered key success criteria.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identification of risks, which affect program and project deliverables with follow through on mitigation, resolution, and path to the green.
- Manage large, transformative initiatives that impact multiple LOBs and/or products.
- Identifying and managing the critical path and milestones of a schedule
- Knowledge of key technical dependencies, awareness of consequences or downstream impact associated with timely and properly planned delivery.
- Development of senior leadership presentations. Direct the communication of status and issues to all stakeholders, including senior management, on a timely basis.
- Ability to persuade, carry influence and rally diverse interests toward common goals.
- Prepare and report project status regularly, including metrics needed for various risk groups
- End to End understanding of Data Center IT components that include End User Computing, Telephony/Voice, Network, Storage, and Distributed systems.
- Through understanding of Databases, Middleware Systems, Operating Systems, and Replication
- Able to develop programs and framework required for the design of metrics, analytical tools, benchmarking activities, and related reporting for the identification of best practices
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional presentation skills. Ability to present to senior levels of management (e.g. Director, MD) and to facilitate discussions at the senior stakeholder level
- Execution oriented with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and manage tight deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and partner with virtual teams
- Ability to lead strategic planning sessions challenging the status quo where appropriate and drive the decision-making process
- Experienced in consulting with project stakeholders, including the skills to the resolution of conflicting requirements
- Strong consulting and stakeholder management skills and the ability to build and foster internal relationships
- Proven track record in delivery of multiple parallel initiatives
- Proven track record of operational process change and improvement
- 12-15+ year’s relevant experience in Financial Services or similar fields with a documented track record of success
- Strong Leadership skills and working knowledge of the techniques required to adequately plan enterprise-level changes.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements, particularly cross-border requirements