Los Angeles, CA
4 months ago
I am partnered with a well known and established bank located in Los Angeles that is looking to expand their finance team and add a Tax Specialist to the department
The Tax Specialist will handle federal and various state tax compliance and audit responsibilities in an autonomous manner, while being actively involved in all aspects of federal, multi-sate tax compliance and audit functions
Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and review various state tax returns and estimates, ensure returns are filed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare/Review response to various state tax notices. Manage state tax audits; communicate with auditors, provide IDR responses.
- Actively involved in state tax provision compilation; collect and analyze various state data supporting consolidated state tax provision computation.
- Provide tax research and guidance on federal and state tax issues, keeping manager and colleagues current on federal, state and local tax law changes.
- Actively involved in federal and state tax planning, contribute ideas.
- Assist SVP, Controller with federal tax provision and filing and intercompany tax reporting and settlement in compliance with FRB Regulation W.
- 5-7 years of experience in public accounting or financial institution, specialized in federal and multi-state tax compliance
- Masters in Tax
- Detail oriented. Ability to use tax return preparation software.
- Proficient in web-based research tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Word.
- CPA preferred.
As a specialist recruiter, I focus on recruiting into the Finance and Accounting market within the Financial Services industry. If you are interested in this role please apply directly below or email your resume to A.Sharpe@HamlynWilliams.com