$130,000 - $140,000 USD
about 1 month ago
Our client is a fast growing FinTech business which provides short-term lending products within the US and Canada.
The finance team are currently looking for a Technical Accounting & Reporting Manager to report to the Director of Technical Accounting.
This is a role which can be either 100% remote or for those in the Chicago area, a hybrid office based position in downtown Chicago.
What you will do:
- Financial Reporting Position Papers: lead assessment, documentation of technical accounting implications ofr busines stransactions and prepare the written accouning papers on an as-needed business for management and external auditors.
- CECL: lead adoption, disclosure and compliance of new acocunting pronouncements.
- US GAAP: ensure accounting policies are appropriately implemented and being consistently applied.
- Support/Training: for accounting team members in implementing new standards/regulations.
- SOX Controls: performe on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- 10Q; 10K; 8K: assist in the preparation of these reports.
- External Auditors: main point of contact for external auditors on most technical accounting matters.
What we are looking for:
- CPA - Certified Public Accounting qualification.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- 4-8 years' experience in accounting including experience in a leadership position.
- Public accounting (Big 4) experience preferred.
- Understanding of US GAAP and SOX compliance.
This is a great opportunity for accounting professionals to join a growing business who have a strong focus on career development and company culture.
If you are interested, please share an up-to-date copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to contact me directly at 646-349-3225.
Please note, at this time the client cannot support any visa sponsorship.