5 months ago
Hamlyn Williams have partnered with a growing long/short equity hedge fund manager to build out their investment function in Hong Kong. Our client is one of the quickest expanding hedge fund managers in Hong Kong with excellent fund performance in the past years due to systematic investment methodology and solid fundamental research.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is currently a Trader with buy-side/proprietary trading experience and looking to step into an ambitious organization with promising career development potential.
- Execute equity and listed future/option orders across global markets;
- Work closely with Senior trader on best execution of orders as per CIO/ Portfolio Manager’s instructions;
- Perform pre and post-trade analysis, e.g. market and technical;
- Communicate with the investment team on daily and real-time news, flows and market color;
- Assist the investment team in portfolio and risk management;
- Work effectively with internal operations team in relation to trade booking and reconciliation; and
- Generate trade-related reports and take part in ad-hoc projects.
- Degree holder of related disciplines with 2-5 years of buy-side/proprietary equity trading experience;
- Knowledgeable on executing trading strategies;
- Team player and strong communication skills; Self-motivated and can perform under pressure;
- Passionate about trading; Strong analytical skills;
- Strong Excel VBA / programming / Bloomberg skills. Python / other statistics skills would be a plus.
- Strong fluency in English plus either Cantonese or Mandarin.
I am a front-office expert working with a wide range of clients across financial services industry. If this role is not of interest to you but you would like to explore other opportunities in the market, please feel free to reach out to me at +852 9868 8532 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.