Trading & Wholesale Conduct Risk Manager
17 days ago
Hamlyn Williams is currently working on an excellent opportunity for one of our management consultancy clients, this role would be a great next step for an experienced individual with a background in conduct and regulatory development looking to develop their consultancy career in the Financial Services.
The role is based within the Trading and Wholesale Conduct Risk Team, providing an amazing opportunity to work with great clients from top tier banks. Further, the team provide an unequalled depth of experience in providing governance, risk and assurnace to clients.
This role is focused within the Financial Services, allowing candidates to work with, and understand how conduct and regulatory developments are having an impact on the current trading and wholesale business.
• We require the individual to lead technical client projects and support internal product development around risk and regulatory issues within complex trading and wholesale businesses.
• Support the development of trading and wholesale conduct topics including Market Abuse, Benchmarks and Risk Free rates, FX Conduct, Standards in wholesale markets and Electronic trading.
• Advise clients on the benefits and impact of regulations, current industry practices and advancements relating to trading businesses.
• Keep abreast of all latest trends and any new regulations, leveraging off international SME support where applicable.
• The individual may also be required to apply their skills to a broad range of banking risk related issues supporting both regional and national propositions.
• Good understanding of trading businesses.
• Strong understanding of financial products (cash and derivatives) including the front to back of how they are traded, booked and risk managed.
• Strong familiarity with role of key bank functions including Front office, Market Risk, Product control, Treasury and Compliance.
• Knowledge of new regulatory developments impacting banking clients and impacting trading businesses.
• A practical understanding of the ‘three lines of defence’ model.
• Flexibility and agility to contribute in a senior capacity to a broad range of banking engagements.
• Excellent oral / written communication, planning, project management, networking and influencing skills.
• Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required.
If this is a role of interest and you think you are a someone who fills the criteria detailed above please submit an application to this advert and a team member of Hamlyn Williams Risk (EMEA) will reach out yourself and discuss the intricacies of this mandate and similar to this in the market.