3 months ago
Our client is the largest commercial property operator in Asia. Due to growth and their business expansion strategy, they have launched an online e-commerce platform in the US and Europe, and now looking to establish its UK entity.
We're looking for a AML Compliance Officer who will be their very first hire in the UK to be responsible for leading the AML and Sanctions program implementation and act as the point of contact to the UK regulatory authorities.
Please note - This is a temporary 12-month contract (2 days per week) with the goal to switch to permanent.
As a UK Compliance Officer, you will:
- Lead UK compliance function and be responsible for the development of conduct risk management
- Collaborate with teams in Europe, US and Asia on building global AML and Sanctions infrastructure and technical solutions
- Oversee any third-party service providers conducting AML and Sanctions Compliance activities
- Monitor developments in applicable laws, regulatory interpretations, and advisory opinions, as well as verify this AML and Sanctions Policy is updated to reflect current legal and regulatory requirements
- Implement AML and Sanctions training and education program for officers and employees
As a UK Compliance Officer, you will have:
- Proven experience as AML and Sanctions Compliance Officer
- Experience in e-money license applications
- Retail/commercial/business product experience
- Experience working with the UK regulator
- Experience with performing risk assessment, client screening, AML, and other BSA reporting
If you're a self-drive, and independent looking for their next project or a new challenge, please reach out directly to Yaingy Chan at email@example.com