Stellan Byrd Christensen
12 months ago
We are working with a Cross-border payments company seeking a Compliance Officer. You will be responsible for aspects of the company’s Regulatory Compliance, AML/CFT and Sanctions Programs in the US and Canada. The North American Compliance Officer will lead the acquisition and maintenance of all business and regulatory required licenses.
- Oversee all aspects of the Unites States and Canada regulatory compliance, licensing, AML/CFT and Sanctions programs.
- Identify, assess and manage compliance risks across business activities of the company and subsidiaries.
- Maintain current and extensive knowledge of the relevant laws and regulatory guidelines. Advise the Board and Management, train staff on new regulatory developments and recommend appropriate policies, procedures and internal controls accordingly.
- Provide regulatory reports including SARs as required and maintain constructive communication and relationship with regulatory bodies and law enforcement
- Develop, maintain, and update policies and procedures for the company’s North America Compliance Program and its related activities.
- Proactively involve in the development and implementation of adequate compliance controls to new business initiatives and products.
- Manage effective due diligence and monitoring program to third parties and vendors.
- Support compliance testing, internal and external audits and regulatory exams and inquiries.
- Bachelor degree or above in related area
- Minimum 3-8 years relevant working experience in a similar compliance role with a payments firm.
- Possess sound knowledge of US federal and state regulations, including OFAC Sanctions requirements
- Hands-on experience with anti-money laundering compliance and product compliance in payments or money service businesses
- Preferred experience with applying technology solutions to compliance programs.
- May need to acquire professional certificate in AML compliance
If you're interested, please get in touch!