San Francisco, CA, USA
about 2 months ago
A large Payments client of ours is looking for a seasoned MSB regulatory Compliance Manager to take on a senior role within it's growing Compliance division.
Based in San Francisco, California, this individual will be part of a growing and dynamic International Compliance team supporting the Americas business. The person reports directly to the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Support the Americas business and work closely with the other Legal and Compliance professionals, i.e. Legal, AML, privacy, information security, risk management colleagues in various locations, US-based business unit, and other colleagues in the International Business function.
- Responsible for enhancing MSB regulatory compliance programs including licensing maintenance, supervision and examination management, and ongoing regulatory communication on new products and services.
- Support the agenda of the Compliance function, including developing and/or updating Compliance policies and procedures to meet US regulatory requirements (e.g. BSA/AML/sanctions, privacy, cybersecurity, consumer protection, BCP/DR, FCPA and export control) and conducting compliance regulatory risk assessments and program implementation.
- Develop compliance metrics to measure the effectiveness of compliance program implementation to proactively mitigate regulatory risks.
- Develop compliance monitoring mechanism to ensure regulatory registry are up to date and controls are implemented to meet these regulatory requirements.
- Develop compliance training and communication programs and establish processes to ensure both existing and new employees are trained timely and adequately.
- Coordinating with the business and other supporting functions for all incoming or outgoing due diligence requests.
- Support Money Transmission Licenses and other similar business licenses applications and maintenance as required.
- Drive the regulatory engagement agenda and serve as the point of contact with state and federal regulators, including coordination for regulatory inquires and exams.
- Must be familiar with MSB regulatory compliance management.
- 10+ years of relevant compliance, regulatory or similar experience.
- Strong regulatory compliance experience and demonstrable skills in BSA/AML, privacy and security, consumer protection and federal/state regulatory management.
- Knowledgeable in fintech, payment systems, money transmitter licensing or similar legal and regulatory requirements in key strategic markets such as US, Canada, and LatAm.
- A team player and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with multiple teams located in different jurisdictions and under strict deadlines.
- Excellent project management skills and sound judgement.
- Resourceful, adaptable and flexible in a highly engaging, demanding and rewarding environment.
- 10% to 20% of travel within US, and overseas expected.
- Experience with e-commerce, payments, MSB, or financial services preferred.
- Bachelor or Advanced degree in Accounting, Business or Finance; or equivalent work or compliance and legal experience, JD preferred.
If this opportunity interests you and you have the required experience then please get in touch!