New York, NY
4 months ago
We are working with a Tier 1 global banking group to find a Vice President - Finance Internal Auditor to join their growing team in New York. This position which will report to a Senior Director in the audit team and supports the annual risk assessment, remediation and continuous monitoring of the finance, product control and controllership audit plan.
As a Lead Audit position, this role will cover finance audits such as general ledger, financial reporting, broker-dealer reg reporting, P&L and balance sheet reporting, tax, independent price verification and accounts payable. The role involves a high degree of coordination with colleagues in audit teams covering technology, global markets, operations, risk and legal/compliance.
You will have:
- Approximately 10+ years’ combined experience in financial services, risk, audit, controls or similar functions.
- Demonstrated experience in leading audits of the finance and accounting functions of a wholesale/investment banking business.
- Strong subject matter expertise across a number of key finance and accounting processes including: reporting, IPV, balance sheet reporting and general ledger.
- Ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and business stakeholders and the ability to challenge effectively.
- Experience around internal auditing for financial systems and the underlying data structures and financial rule engines that support these.
- Strong foundation of data risks and how data analytics interact with financial systems and their risk exposure.
- CPA or similar accounting certification.