$100,000 - $165,000
5 months ago
Software Engineer – Desktop Development
Our client company is an industry-leading, multinational financial investment services company with a rich history as a major market leader in both the United States and internationally. They provide a vast array of financial services to a diverse, widespread client base including corporations, individuals, governments, and other professional institutions.
The firm is seeking a passionate, experienced individual coming from the Software Engineering space who is seeking a new challenge. The individual will play a critical role within a team focused on rolling out and managing technology that will give the firm a considerable competitive advantage and keep the company at the forefront of business technology. The role involves the development and implementation of cutting-edge systems and processes enabling fast innovation while ensuring consistent and proper gates and controls are in place to ensure security and resiliency of our operations across the firm. The team will improve the tools, systems, and processes that engineers across the firm use to develop and deploy software to increase their velocity and business impact as part of the Developer Experience organization.
- Build tooling and services for Mac, Windows, and Linux desktops to enable developer software distribution and management.
- Implement and collaborate with other teams to build services in public cloud and on-premises for software distribution, dependency management, project and entitlements management, software lifecycle management, security controls and others.
- Collaborate across teams on feature design and problem solving.
- Partner with colleagues from across technology and risk to ensure an outstanding, useable, and unobtrusive experience for development teams building and deploying their applications to any environment.
- Manage the full lifecycle of software components, from requirements through design, testing, development, release, and demise.
Skills & Experience:
- Proficiency in designing, developing, and testing software in Golang and Java; open to using multiple languages
- Working knowledge of scripting languages, operating systems (Linux, Mac OS and/or Windows), networking protocols, security, and file systems
- Ability to reason about performance, security, and process interactions in complex distributed systems
- Solid experience with version control, continuous integration, deployment, and configuration management tools
- Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively, both written and orally, as well as the interpersonal skills required to collaborate effectively with colleagues across diverse technology teams and locations
- Ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate requirements into technical solutions
- Experience on cross-platform command-line tool development
- Experience on developing software for Mac OS and/or Windows environments
- Experience on package managers (e.g., nix, apt, yum)
- Experience on architecting, designing, and developing applications in Amazon Web Services
- Experience using infrastructure as a code tools (e.g. AWS CDK, Terraform, CloudFormation)