about 1 year ago
My client is a top tier global bank here in NYC, looking to revamp their Financial Crime function within their wholesale bank and broker-dealer.
Offering an excellent opportunity to have expansive exposure within the Financial Crime remit, with excellent visibility to senior management.
- Support the LMLRO by providing day-to-day guidance to the business' employees regarding compliance with local and US AML
- 'Know your customer' laws & regulations and institutional policies
- Manage AML Advisory team and prioritize tasks
- Provide day-to-day guidance to the business’ employees regarding compliance with relevant AML/KYC regulations and bank policies
- Develop, maintain and embed local CDD procedures and BSA/AML sanctions
- Advise KYC team on policy/regulatory issues related to onboarding new customers, whilst performing periodic reviews of banking relationships that are relatively high-risk
- Assess the materiality of negative news escalated from KYC on‐boarding and/or front office relationship managers
- Perform screening on all Political Exposed Persons (PEPs) associated with customer accounts
- Escalate CDD related issues and “red flags,” including raising problematic situations and patterns to the LMLRO and CCO
- Conduct in-depth risk assessments in regards to BSA/AML
- Report monthly to the NA FCPC and senior management on KYC metrics including high-risk customer/activities; identified deficiencies and corrective actions are taken; results of KYC quality control file reviews and key risk indicators
- 10+ years of BSA/AML experience with a US bank and/or US banking regulator
- College degree required
- Graduate degree (MBA/JD) a plus
- Comprehensive and practical understanding of the provisions of the Bank Secrecy Act and USA Patriot Act provisions including but not limited to Sections 312, 313, 314(a), and 314(b)
- Experience with preparing the organization for BSA/AML examinations with internal auditors and US regulators
- Broker-dealer knowledge is a plus
- Experience in managing a team of professionals, with proven leadership attributes
If you or anyone you know is interested in this position, please submit a resume to Will Guinnessey at firstname.lastname@example.org, or give me a call at 347-493-0261.