New York,. NY
4 months ago
A leading global bank is looking for a VP Audit Manager to join their finance audit team in New York. This is a leadership role in the bank which will have primary responsibility for managing the controllership, legal entity finance, accounting policy and financial risk audit plan.
The structure of the audit team allows for this person to work closely with capital markets and brokerage colleagues and stakeholders and gain a broader understanding of the business than a traditional corporate function audit structure may allow.
- Establish multi-team audit plan covering the finance function including accounting, treasury, tax and regulatory reporting.
- Execute on the audit plan, overseeing the work of junior members of the team and managing key stakeholder relationships in the business.
- Deliver high quality internal audit reports and participate in the continuous monitoring program.
- Participate in relevant steering committees in the bank related to finance and accounting matters.
- Experience in a financial controls position, ideally internal audit but internal controls, financial risk management are also suitable.
- Subject matter expertise of financial reporting requirements as it pertains to banks and brokerage businesses in the United States, US GAAP and IFRS.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective communication skills.
- A CPA or CFA qualification is required for this position.
Please share your resume with me at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach me directly at 646-349-3225.