130,000 - 140,000 + Bonus
18 days ago
A Banking client of ours is in the process of developing a 100% new, digital bank, and is looking for a VP of Fraud Operations to build out and manage the fraud and risk alerts team. Backed by the stability and capital of a large banking institution and with the flexibility and fast-paced environment of a startup, this is a unique opportunity to be an integral component in the development of a world-class fraud department.
- Build, scale, and lead a Fraud Operations team across internal and outsourced team members, forecasting staffing needs to align with the fraud roadmap
- Establish and track KPIs and OKRs and decision rules for the Fraud Operations team
- Identify risk factors and trends of potentially fraudulent activity, including the development of trend reports and key indicators, proposing and executing rule adjustments as necessary
- Support the development and implementation of comprehensive fraud detection strategies and business rules that balance fraud loss, cost of execution, and customer experience
- Partner with AML/BSA, Compliance, Legal, Membership, Onboarding, Data Science, and Product teams on continuous improvement, providing guidance as needed
- As Fraud SME and advisor to Customer Care, build and maintain programs that incorporate best practices and adhere to applicable regulations: Red Flags, Identity Theft Protection Program, etc.
- by following the disciplinary process which will include writing and delivering corrective actions and recommending employee separations
- Conduct regular performance reviews with employees to set and reinforce expectations; coach, develop, motivate and maintain relationships of trust and cooperation
- 8-10 years Fraud experience
- At least 3-4 years management experience, with ability to mentor and provide direct, actionable feedback to your team, both positive and constructive
- Experience in regulated financial services, with a review of activities in payments (ACH Debit, etc), P2P money movement, disputes, chargebacks, AML, and compliance frameworks such as KYC/CIP
- In-depth knowledge of regulations in Financial Services: FACT Act, BSA, Reg E, FINRA/SEC, etc.
- Experience with credit bureau reporting and dispute facilities and processes, including e-OSCAR, ACDVs, and the Metro 2 reporting format
- Familiarity with fraud rules, their use to support a fulsome transaction/user monitoring program, and experience actively managing a ruleset with this objective
- Data driven with the ability to derive your own answers from large data sets, as well as the ability to work strategically and steer the business vision with Product Operations and Data Science teams