Palo Alto, CA, USA
$280K - $350K (flexible)
15 days ago
The successful candidate will lead the clinical development of oncology therapeutics in our client's pipeline. We are looking for a physician scientist who is passionate about translating preclinical discoveries in oncology into next generation cancer treatments. He/she will develop the clinical strategy and work cross-functionally to define, plan and implement clinical studies. Additional responsibilities include supporting clinical aspects of the biomarker program, interactions with oncology research to guide discovery programs, and participating in developing the long-range strategic plans for the oncology pipeline.
• Leads clinical strategy for oncology pipeline.
• Designs and executes clinical studies and research plans in support of first-in-human and Phase I/II trials.
• Contributes to selection of discovery compounds, design of development strategy and transition of compounds into early phase development.
• Leads the interpretation of clinical results and makes appropriate recommendations in support of the overall strategy.
• Contributes to the writing and review of reports submitted to regulatory agencies.
• Builds relationships with key opinion leaders and principal investigators.
• Contribute to corporate strategic and organizational initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• M.D. or MD/PhD required. Board certification, or eligibility, in Oncology, Hematology/Oncology, or related specialty preferred.
• Excellent scientific record with experience in basic cancer research and/or oncology clinical trials within academic institutions or the pharmaceutical industry.
• 10+ years' of experience in clinical oncology and/or clinical development required; industry experience in immuno-oncology preferred and experience in intratumoral treatments is a plus.
• Desire and ability to effectively participate within multi-disciplinary teams.
• Strong leadership and communications skills are essential.
• Ability to travel up to 15% of the time domestically and internationally.