Los Angeles & New York
$150,000 - $165,000
6 months ago
We are partnering with one of the largest securities firm and investment banks in the nation who are looking to continue growing their teams. We have a great opportunity for a VP, Private Wealth Management Compliance professional to join their team. The VP, Private Wealth Management Compliance will be located in Los Angeles or New York and will be responsible for providing compliance advice and perform testing across the Private Wealth Management business.
- Establish, design, and execute regulatory compliance testing of the Wealth Management business.
- Work with the line of business supervision team to ensure all applicable rules and the products supported, are identified so that testing priorities can be evaluated and established while maintaining accuracy.
- Develop and document detailed testing scripts covering testing of controls, evaluations and testing of transactions to assess adherence to compliance rules.
- Monitor the firm’s compliance with SEC, FINRA and other applicable regulations.
- Participate and, where appropriate, coordinate and lead resolution of regulatory inquiries and customer complaints.
- Review communications intended for the Private Wealth client base.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university. JD or Masters’ Degree a plus.
- 10+ years' experience at a Registered Investment Adviser, Private Wealth Management/International Wealth Management.
- Understanding of FINRA, SEC and other regulatory requirements around trading and market making activities with a particular focus on sales practice and suitability concerns involving retail products in brokerage and advisory accounts.
- FINRA series 7, 24 or 9/10 licenses preferred.