New York, NY
145,000 - 160,000
3 months ago
We are working with a top European bank that is looking for an Asset Management Regional Oversight and Remediation VP to build out their growing team.
Hamlyn Williams has partnered with a top European bank to build out its asset management team. The build-out will help the firm to achieve a number of strategic growth objectives and meet heightened regulatory standards given the current environment. We are currently recruiting a Regional Oversight and Remediation VP to help with their compliance expansion in New York, NY.
If you are a VP-level compliance officer with experience in policies and procedures as well as training, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
What you'll be doing:
- Supporting the business or business support functions with Internal Audit (IA), regulatory, and compliance reviews (including preparation, documentation, meeting recaps, development of remedial actions, etc.)
- Proactively performs read-across analysis on issues identified in one business unit for relevance in others.
- Initiating targeted risk and controls reviews on newly identified risks
- Contributing towards enhancing the AM’s Internal Audit Management Risk & Control Culture (MRCC) rating.
- Organizing, monitoring, and ensuring implementation of remediation programs.
- Inspiring change with a focus on governance, innovation, and efficiency for remediation.
- Liaising with AM BRC teams across multiple regions for insights.
- Identifying where training would be beneficial to the business at a high level
- Questioning the status quo and identifying issues and improvements.
What they're looking for:
- Knowledge of Asset Management and previous experience in a risk subject area (e.g. Internal Audit, Compliance, Operational Risk, Controls)
- Detailed understanding of key elements for good controls and risk oversight.
- Delivery focused - the ability to optimally drive projects/reviews/tasks to completion at a high standard. Understand and build practical approaches for adherence and monitoring. Excellent organizational and project management skills. Planning, strategizing and prioritizing across multiple projects.
- Proven ability to proactively identify and define remediation with the first line based upon areas of improvement, standard methodologies, controls, and specific areas of attention.
- Able to negotiate on behalf of Asset Management.
- 10+ years dealing with auditors and regulators.
- Experience as a trusted advisor to the business.
- Creative and inquisitive approach.
- Ability to work across different types of businesses, with different levels in the firm, and with second-line functions including Legal, Compliance, Risk, etc.
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and valuing diverse perspectives
For more information contact Connor Duenas at Hamlyn Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org