New York City
9 days ago
Our client is seeking a Vice President to join their Risk Management Department as a Credit Risk Policy specialist.
The successful candidate will leverage prior experience in credit risk management and/or credit review functions to play an active role in creating, drafting, enhancing/amending and delivering key credit risk management and/or credit review policies and procedures to address firm and regulatory requirements.
In addition, the person will be responsible for supporting policy-related documentation creation in other risk disciplines, as needed.
The individual should be able to:
- Work with multiple stakeholders across risk groups and other departments to ensure all appropriate items are addressed in policies;
- Review, design, update, enhance or amend and draft existing and new credit risk management and / or credit review policies and procedures to ensure key required elements are addressed in policies and procedures;
- Identify current state of policies under review, formulate the required/desired state based on regulatory and best practice standards, conduct and document gap analysis and draft the update policy or procedure documents to ensure all identified gaps are remediated;
- Articulate and present challenges, issues, required decisions, path to resolving challenges, next steps, decisions, pros/cons; build consensus and hold stakeholders responsible to ensure timely completion of policy or procedure drafts;
- Coordinate the periodic updates to the policy status, ensure deadlines are met and escalate issues to the senior management when appropriate;
- Draft/write new policies and modify existing policies;
- Enhance Policy Framework and follow through on implementation initiatives;
- Frame the context and objectives of projects; determine meaningful milestones using knowledge of credit risk, credit review, regulation and data capabilities;
- Articulate challenges, issues, required decisions, path to resolving challenges, next steps, decisions, pros/cons;
- Develop project plans and presentation decks, coordinate periodic updates to the plan and status, ensure project deadlines and met and to escalate issues to senior management.
- Strong technical and quantitative analysis skills with superior knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Sound understanding of banking regulation and related supervisory guidance
- Experience working with internal and external teams to develop risk, credit review policies
- Ability to self-manage and prepare documentation, while managing assigned projects under tight deadlines
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work independently to deadlines and project manage to ensure completion in accordance to the highest regulatory standards and industry best practices
- Experience in credit risk management function or credit review function gained at large bank
- Minimum work experience in financial services of eight years or more
- Bachelor's Degree