about 2 months ago
A banking partner of ours in the Bay Area is looking for a Senior Compliance Manager to join their team. This individual will work as a leader of the compliance team to support Bank-wide compliance procedures to ensure compliance with state, local, and federal regulations. This person will lead compliance testing and monitoring of lending, deposit, and operational processes as well as assessing compliance risks across Bank departments, with particular emphasis on lending, deposit, BSA/AML and other consumer compliance laws and regulations.
- Works with the Bank’s business units and support functions to ensure they understand regulatory and legal requirements and implement appropriate controls to ensure consistent compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Assists in the oversight of the Bank’s compliance testing and monitoring program and plans and executes compliance testing and monitoring activities and monitors corrective action required to be taken.
- Conducts targeted risk assessments and risk-based testing and monitoring to identify operational and compliance related weaknesses, report and make recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory findings, and present findings to management.
- Partners with Business and Support Function Managers to ensure timely identification, mitigation, resolution and reporting/escalation of existing and emerging compliance risks and issues.
- Identifies training needs and assists in developing/implementing effective compliance training to staff and research new legal and compliance requirements and analyzes effects on the functions and processes currently in place at the Bank.
- Acts as the subject matter expert on assigned consumer compliance laws and regulations, keeping abreast of all developments impacting these laws and regulations.
- Drafts new, and reviews existing, policies and procedures to ensure they meet regulatory requirements.
- Works with the Compliance Officer on the timely and satisfactory resolution of consumer complaints.
- Assists and serves as the back-up for the CRA and Fair Lending Compliance Manager. Keeps up to date with evolving bank laws and regulations impacting CRA and Fair Lending.
- Bachelor’s Degree and further certifications (highly preferred)
- A strong working knowledge of consumer protection
- 7+ years of relevant compliance experience.
If this opportunity interests you, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org