about 2 months ago
- Designing, building and maintaining application environments for software that Goldman Sachs employees utilize in Core Engineering, including internal and external websites.
- Provisioning and configuring on premise (Goldman Sachs proprietary) and Cloud (e.g. Amazon AWS) servers.
- Management of the server runtime through the use of scripts written in Python/Bash(Linux) and Windows (Powershell).
- Troubleshooting and debugging incidents by performing log file and root cause analysis.
- Apply best practice to the application environment design to ensure high availability in the business.
- Work with Developers to automate and streamline the deployment of new software releases to test and production environments, employing DevOps & Agile software development lifecycle (SDLC) principles.
- Provide technical leadership and technical vision to assist the team in adopting modern Cloud-based solutions.
- Strong communication skills, including experience working with other development teams and business users
- Prior experience with infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform, Cloudformation) for Infrastructure automation
- Proficiency in scripting languages including Groovy, Shell/Bash, Powershell, Python
- Experience with monitoring & alerting tools (Pagerduty, Grafana, Cloudwatch)
- Experience with Gitlab and Jenkins for Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker & Kubernetes for application provisioning
- Utilizing DevOps platforms like Gitlab & Jenkins to engineer integrated software build, test & deployment pipelines (CI/CD)
- Use build automation tools like Maven & Gradle to automate software compilation and unit testing
- A background in Computer Science, including an advance degree, would be ideal.