San Francisco, CA, USA
$200,000 + Benefits, Bonus
3 months ago
A large Financial Services client of ours is looking to bring in an experienced AML/Sanctions Compliance Officer to join its US business.
This role will be highly demanding but comes with huge rewards and a chance to join one of the fastest growing and most established businesses in the world!
- Work closely with US Regulators, other AML team members, Legal, Risk Management, Data Privacy and other legal/compliance professionals, as well as business and operation teams as a detail-oriented, hard-working senior Compliance professional to join the US Compliance team
- Confident self-starter with strong interpersonal and organizational skills, exercise good judgement, experienced in Banking Secrecy Act (“BSA”), Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”), Counter-Terrorist Financing (“CTF”), and OFAC sanctions in Payments or Financial Services industry
- Demonstrable ability to effectively and proactively engage and partner with the business in a fast-paced and engaging environment
- Former Regulator in the relevant space is highly desired
- Act as the focal point for the oversight of all activities relating to the prevention and detection of BSA/AML/Sanctions/CTF
- Providing support and guidance to senior management to ensure that BSA/AML/Sanctions/CTF risks are adequately identified, understood and managed, in particular to communicate key BSA/AML/Sanctions/CTF issues including significant compliance deficiencies
- Provide support and guidance to the US Business Development team in relation to BSA/AML/Sanctions/CTF issues
- Work with in-house AML Product & Technology team to select and implement relevant technology solutions
- Actively identify and report suspicious transactions by reviewing internal disclosures and act as the main point of contact with the US Regulators and law enforcement agencies
- Continuously develop and review the BSA/AML/Sanctions/CTF systems to ensure they remain up-to-date, meet current statutory and regulatory requirements and are effective in managing AML/Sanctions/CTF risks arising from the business
- Ensure BSA/AML/Sanctions/CTF staff training is adequate, appropriate and effective
- Conduct due diligence review on strategic business partner and M&A target companies to evaluate potential BSA/AML/Sanctions/CTF risks
- 10+ years of relevant Compliance or Regulatory experience
- Demonstrable skills in BSA/AML, Privacy & Security, consumer protection and federal/state regulatory management
- Knowledgeable in fintech, payment systems, money transmitter licensing or similar legal and regulatory requirements in the US
- Team player and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with multiple teams located in different jurisdictions and under strict deadlines
- Excellent project management skills and sound judgement
If you are interested in this or similar roles, please contact Matt Lang at firstname.lastname@example.org.