Raleigh, NC, USA
$110,000 - $140,000
3 months ago
Automation Systems Engineer
Hamlyn Williams are currently working very closely with a Pharmaceutical Systems Engineering Consultancy, who are looking to expand due to a huge increase in sales and demand for their services, across a number of projects in the North Carolina area. They are currently looking for a number of Automation Systems Engineers to join, with a strong understanding of DCS/PLC programming and commissioning and a background of working in the Life Science industry.
- Design, configuration, integration and implementation of process control solutions for various industries
- Design process control and automation by utilizing P&IDs, PFDs, and other process and instrumentation documentation, based on S95, ISA S88 standard
- Ability to read an develop P&IDs and loop descriptions for various plants, processes, and/or equipment
- Develop User Requirement Specifications.
- Develop software and hardware design specifications.
- Design, program, implement, test and document process control applications.
- Develop control system validation/testing protocols.
- Specify and purchase process instrumentation
- Specify and purchase DeltaV components, drives, and other electrical components and equipment.
- Develop electrical panel schematics.
- Develop scope of supply documents.
- Assist with estimates of man-hours required to complete projects.
- Manage automation projects as assigned.
- Monitor progress of projects
- Install, test, and start-up control systems on-site
- Train operators and engineers on control systems
- A Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience
- Thorough knowledge of process instrumentation and control systems
- Experience designing and programming control systems with emphasis on Emerson DeltaV DCS and/OR Rockwell RSlogix
- Experience in commissioning and start-up of control systems is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot control systems from the field element up through operator interfaces and databases.
- Experience with control system networking technologies and PC networking technology.
- Experience working with SQL Server, Oracle, or other relational databases.
- Experience in biotech / pharma, water, waste water, medical device, or the food industry is required.
- Experience with PLC, HMI, and SCADA systems is a plus.
- Specific knowledge of cGMPs and batch process control in the life science industry with validation experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of 21 CFR Part 11 requirements is a plus.
- Experience with: Foundation Fieldbus, DeviceNet, As-i Bus, or Profibus is a plus.
Please send your resume across or click the Apply Now button for more information!