São Paulo, State of São Paulo, Brazil
2 months ago
A large Financial Services client of ours is looking to expand it's operations in to South America and will be hiring a Compliance Officer to manage the team covering this region, reporting in to the Head of Regional Compliance for Americas.
The ideal candidate will be a confident self-starter with strong interpersonal and organizational skills, exercise good judgement, experienced in regulatory compliance in payments or financial services industry, demonstrable ability to effectively and proactively engage and partner with the business in a fast-paced and engaging environment.
- Support the Americas business and work closely with the other Legal, Compliance professionals such as AML/sanction, privacy, information security, risk management colleagues in the PRC and other locations, Brazil-based business unit, and other colleagues in the International Business.
- Responsible for obtaining and maintaining the adequate payment licenses to support the Brazil business expansion.
- Support the agenda of the International Compliance function, including developing and/or updating Compliance policies and procedures to meet Brazilian’s regulatory requirements (e.g. AML/sanctions, privacy, cybersecurity and information security, consumer complaint and protection, BCP/DR, Anti-Bribery and export control) and conducting compliance regulatory risk assessments and program implementation.
- Develop compliance metrics to measure the effectiveness of compliance program implementation to proactively mitigate regulatory risks.
- Develop compliance monitoring mechanism to ensure regulatory registry are up to date and controls are implemented to meet these regulatory requirements.
- Develop compliance training and communication programs and establish processes to ensure both existing and new employees are trained timely and adequately.
- Coordinate with the business and other supporting functions for all incoming or outgoing due diligence requests.
- Support ongoing licenses requirements and interacting with the Central Bank to ensure all licensing requirements and other similar related business licenses applications and maintenance are properly executed.
- Drive the regulatory engagement agenda and serve as the point of contact with the Brazil Central Bank, including coordination for regulatory inquires and exams, as required.
- At least 10+ years of relevant compliance, regulatory or similar experience.
- Strong regulatory compliance experience and demonstrable skills in AML, privacy and security, consumer protection and federal/provincial regulatory management.
- Knowledgeable in fintech, payment systems, payment institution and payment network owner licensing or similar legal and regulatory requirements in Brazil.
- A team player and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with multiple teams located in different jurisdictions and under strict deadlines.
- Excellent project management skills and sound judgement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Native proficiency in Portuguese required.
- Proficiency in English mandatory.
- 10% to 20% of travel to China, US and within Brazil expected.
- Experience with e-commerce, payments, MSB, or financial services preferred.
- Bachelor or Advanced degree in Accounting, Business or Finance; or equivalent work or compliance and legal experience, JD preferred.
If this opportunity is of interet to you, please get in touch with an updated resume.
*Interviews will commence in Mid-April in Sao Paulo.