5 months ago
Senior AML Consultant (f/m)
The Senior AML Consultant will be responsible for performing work on business units, providing perspective and insight to leaders and business unit leads in contributing to the development of long-term strategic plans by utilizing a solid knowledge base of industry and regulatory environments. The role involves consulting, influencing and collaborating with business units and leaders as well as with external parties, including regulators, to propose, set and achieve regional, business unit and/or enterprise-wide compliance and business goals. The scope of the position extends to several European locations and generates interaction with our offices around the globe.
Tasks And Responsibilities
- Developing expert knowledge through independent research, participation in professional training and industry discussion related to financial crime, anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing rules, technology tools and techniques.
- Utilizing knowledge gained to recommend direction, influence and drive forward business and compliance goals.
- Incorporating best practices, techniques and data analysis to detect and deter high-risk transactions, including financial crime and inappropriate trading.
- Identifying, reviewing and interpreting applicable regulatory and legislative requirements that impact administrative, customer service and compliance processes, in partnership with other business units, experts and leaders.
- Consulting and communicating with business partners and departments to develop, revise and implement policies and procedures, educational materials and training sessions to maximize compliance and minimize risk.
- Leading consulting efforts to evaluate, recommend, develop, implement and monitor processes that ensure compliance, mitigate risk and, where possible, enhancing existing administration/controls.
- Influencing, liaising and managing relationships with external industrial bodies, regulators, industry peers and local/global business partners, on behalf of the business unit and/or enterprise.
- Engaging in periodic process evaluations to gauge the effectiveness of existing processes.
- Making critical business proposals/decisions, some in partnership with management.
- Guiding the implementation of improvements and enhancements to business processes, workflows or controls.
- Identifying opportunities to recommend and lead the design improvements to business processes, while using continuous improvement techniques.
Requirements And Expectations
- University degree or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years experience in an AML role within the asset management or financial services industry gained in Luxembourg
- In-depth knowledge of the regulatory requirement specific to EU AML Directive and Luxembourg financial services industry.
- High level of accountability
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Strong and effective communicator – both verbally and in writing
- Strong team player
- Collaborative approach to working with key business stakeholders and the ability to influence and build strong working relationships in a global multicultural environment
- Very well organized self-starter, working independently and able to prioritize and manage several projects/assignments at a time
- Fluency in English, French is considered as an asset
- Proficient in MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint