18 days ago
Internal Audit team members provide analysis, appraisals, and recommendations to leadership teams and senior executives on whether significant operational risks are being properly mitigated. Our team applies their knowledge, insights and objectivity to help the organization by evaluating the design and effectiveness of controls embedded in strategy, governance, operations and risk management processes across both insurance and non-insurance businesses
We like creativity, enthusiasm and teamwork. We are looking for someone who has a great attitude and likes to learn many different aspects of how a business runs. We like our auditors to be passionate about learning technical processes and to take on new projects. You will apply a risk based approach to audit projects that are operational and strategic in nature. You will develop your audit programs and project plans and have full accountability for the lifecycle of your audit.
Our audits provide great opportunities to work on reviews of various aspects of Information Technology like cybersecurity, emerging technologies (e.g., cloud, mobile, SaaS), security, IT operations and exposure to cutting edge technology methodology such as Agile. We also collaborate with risk management functions for coordinated engagements on large scale strategic initiatives throughout the company. This allows you to gain experience and learn the various areas of the company, while making a difference.
This Senior IT Auditor position is part of a larger team responsible for assessing technology risk and control. The broader team will be comprised of individuals with a wide range of skills and experiences within the technology arena. This Senior IT auditor will lead risk-based IT and Integrated audits and directly reports to the IT Audit Manager. The role will be working in a collaborative environment to deliver reviews where knowledge, experiences and internal/external networks can be leveraged to achieve results. In addition, this role plays a key function in developing the lead auditors of tomorrow during each engagement through coaching, and delegation to ensure the project follows department guidelines and professional standards.
- Lead assigned IT audit projects to achieve department guidelines and within established timetables with high quality results.
- Identifies risks and controls within applications and systems that supports key business processes and performs an assessment to determine audit scope
- Develops the audit program, manages the execution of the audit test procedures, including reviewing and analyzing evidence and ensuring appropriate conclusions are reached
- Focus on staff development during the execution of our audit engagements
- Drafts high quality reports and ensures findings and actions are well documented in accordance with department standards
- Consults through ad-hoc advisory engagements while working hand-in-hand with business units to share risk considerations as they undergo strategic projects
- Contributes to department initiatives to improve IA processes, including but not limited to data analytics strategies and the Fraud Center of Excellence
- Self-motivated individuals could have periodic flexibility in their work location and a complimentary shuttle is available to public transportation, if needed
- Three or more years of IT related experience with strong critical thinking and problem solving skills around complex technical and process issues
- Curiosity to learn more about business operations
- Excellent leadership, project, and time management skills
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication, strong partnering skills, and ability to interact with various levels of management and external stakeholders
- Ability to effectively influence individuals to action at different levels of internal and external organizations
- Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency, strong commitment, and accountability while making sound decisions and achieving goals
- Flexibility, adaptability and comfort with the unknown
- Opportunity for occasional travel is available for those who are interested
- Strong knowledge of auditing concepts with relevant experience or strong business knowledge and experience
- Auditing or IT auditing experience is a plus
- A minimum of 3 years of IT audit experience with demonstrated increasing levels of responsibilities.
- Public accounting / consulting related experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in business or IT required.
- CPA, CIA, CISSP or CISA is preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.