£85,000 - £100,000
2 months ago
A rare opportunity has arisen within the Biopharmaceutical industry. A rapidly growing pharmaceutical company are looking to hire a Process Control Lead on their most recently opened site to lead the current team and operations into the next phase of their development. A great salary and relocation package is available for this very exciting opportunity!
Reporting to the Engineering Director, the Process Control Lead would be responsible for ensuring the effective support and management of the system on the facility, by providing technical expertise, change management and administration activities, making sure the reliability and compliance is second to none, as well as leading, mentoring and directing the Process Control Team.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the availability, performance and compliance of all industrial control systems across the site.
- Working with the C&Q, Quality and Maintenance functions, develop, implement and maintain a maintenance strategy to ensure that all Process Control Systems, are maintained to meet the associated operational risks in the areas of GMP Compliance, Business and EH&S.
- As part of strategy development, identify and develop the Process Control competencies across site to support cross-functional ways of working where appropriate.
- Working with the Engineering Leads, C&Q and Quality functions, develop and implement an automation strategy to ensure that Process Control systems are specified, designed and implemented to meet cGMP, Business and EH&S requirements.
- Directly assist the Head of Engineering in ensuring that adequate budget (opex and capex) is planned and managed in support of Controls team.
- Plan, resource and execute Process Control projects to improve and maintain compliance. Provide expertise, consultancy and where appropriate lead activities. This involves strategic influencing of stakeholders and indirect reports.
- Identify and manage internal and external (contract) resources as required to meet agreed team commitments.
- Identify skills and competency development needs of the Process Controls Team, and support individuals.
- Degree-level educated in a relevant discipline within engineering or a related scientific environment.
- Knowledge of Emerson DeltaV and Siemens S7 PLC’s.
- Knowledge of Data Historians & NES Solutions.
- Very strong knowledge of GAMP5 framework.
- Experience of managing and forming teams.
- Supporting and managing capital projects on site.
If this is something of interest to you, please reach out to James Brookes at firstname.lastname@example.org.